The new headmaster, Joe Thackway, took up his appointment in September of this year having served, for the previous ten years, as a deputy head of a larger three form entry I.A.P.S prep school in Birmingham. Prior to that he had previous experience of both the independent and maintained sector in the UK as well as working as a school leader in international schools in Europe. Mr Thackway comes with a proven track record of preparing children for the challenges of the increasingly competitive entrance exams for selective secondary schools as well as a genuine commitment to provide a wide range of opportunities and challenges for all the Crescent children, both inside and outside the classroom.
In total there are seven full time teachers (four women and three men) and eight part-time, with a very healthy mix of youth and experience. There are also twelve teacher's assistants working across the school.
The Crescent is a small school with an experienced, skilled and committed staff who create a secure and happy environment within which the pupils can learn and develop to the best of their ability. We take particular pride in the behaviour and friendliness of all the pupils. It is a happy, successful and most rewarding school in which to work, with strong team spirit and much humour in the staff room, the classroom and the playground. Fun is much in evidence!
- Mr J.P. Thackway, B.A.Hons, P.G.C.E. Headmaster
- Mrs B.J. Forth, B.Sc.Hons, P.G.C.E. Deputy Head, Class V Form Tutor
- Mr A.J. Webb, B.Ed.Hons Assistant Head, Class I Form Tutor
Senior Management Team
The SMT consists of the Leadership team plus:
- Mrs S.E. Lowe, B.Ed.Hons Class VI Form Tutor
- Mrs H.M. Morley, A.C.I.B. Finance Manager & Registrar
- Mrs J. Barnes, B.A.Hons, P.G.C.E. Director of Music
- Mrs J. Byrne, B.Sc.Hons, P.G.C.E.
- Mrs L. Emery, B.Sc.Hons, P.G.C.E, Q.T.S, Class I Form Tutor
- Mrs E. Monteith B.Ed.Hons, Class IV Form Tutor
- Mrs C. Pullen B.Ed. Hons, Reception Form Tutor
- Mrs R McCollin B.Sc. P.G.C.E, Q.T.S
- Mrs. S. Stapleton, B.Sc.Hons, Q.T.S., Class III Form Tutor
- Ms J. Tourigny, C.M.F.L.
- Mr M. Phillips, B.Ed.Hons with Q.T.S.
- Miss K. Thompson B.A. Hons
- Mrs A. Yates B.Sc.Hons, Class IV Form Tutor
- Mrs L. Brazier, B.A.
- Mrs A. Noyce, R.G.N., Cert EYP (Open) (Level 4)
- Mrs D. Olner, BTEC Diploma
- Miss A. Wren, City & Guilds in Learning Support
- Mrs M. Hanson, Level 3 N.N.E.B.
- Mrs S. Dowling B.Sc.
- Mrs. A. Thompson N.V.Q. L3
- Mrs S. Calder N.V.Q. L3
- Mrs B. Dumbleton N.V.Q. L2
- Miss A Wrzesniacka
- Mrs J. Nelson
- Mrs C Robinson, B.A.Hons
After School Care
Mrs R. Weir, Mrs. M. Hanson
Ms Y. Marks, Mrs B. Dumbleton, Mrs. M. Hanson
- Mrs W. Boswell, B. Mus Hons, A.B.S.M., A.L.C.M.
- Miss H. Jones, BA.Mus.Hons
- Mrs D. Fisher BA (Open) & Dip Music
- Mr M. Svensson BA.Mus.Hons
- Dance: Mrs. L. McGaughey, A.I.D.T.A.
- Dance: Mrs. M. Parmenter
- School Secretary: Mrs D.C. Randle
- Office Administrator: Mrs C Robinson, B.A.Hons
- Catering Manageress: Mrs J. Slatcher
- Caretaker: Mr W. Pithie
- Cleaners: Mrs L. Linford and Mrs L. Shallcross
The Princethorpe Foundation's Trustees are responsible for determining the aims and overall conduct of the school. It sets and reviews the policies, plans and procedures that will ensure the best possible education for present and future pupils of the school, including the proper control of its finances. It is also accountable for the discharge of its responsibilities to pupils, parents and staff.
Trustess come from a variety of backgrounds, but all have relevant knowledge and experience to offer the school. Those backgrounds currently include: legal, financial, educational, sales and building.
- Mrs Mary O’Farrell, BEd, QTS, CTC
- Sister Mary Jude Bogie SP, BEd
- Quintin Cornforth, BSc
- Mrs Elizabeth Griffin, BSc, PGCE, CTC (Chair)
- David Jackson, MInst AM, HNC Business Studies*
- Charlie Jenkinson, BA, CIPS, MILT
- Mrs Cecilia Lane
- Mrs Pat Lines, Cert Ed
- Miss Teresa McNamara, B Phil, Cert Ed
- Jean-Pierre Parsons, BA, MA, MSc*
- Eur Ing Peter Rush, BSc, CEng, F I Mech E, MBA
- Colin Russell, IEng, ACIBSE, MBA
- Commodore Bernard Warner
Trustees can be contacted via the Foundation Clerk to the Trustees, Eddie Tolcher.